Visual Arts Minor
15 credit hours
Required Courses (3 hours)
*Art majors may not apply more than 6 hours of duplicate credit towards this minor.
- ART 112 Drawing Concepts (3)
Studio Electives (6-9 hours)
*Non-Art majors must take the required prerequisites for each course.
Take four classes total (as a combination of both elective sections). Select at least two classes from the following:
- ART 122 Design Principles (3)
- ART 156 Three Dimensional Concepts (3)
- ART 210 Digital Tools (3)
- ART 212 Digital Photography (3)
- ART 220 Experience in Visual Arts (3)
- ART 225 Painting Concepts (3)
- ART 265 Beginning Sculpture (3)
Academic Electives (3-6 hours)
*Non-Art majors must take the required prerequisites for each course unless exemption or substitution is granted by the Department.
Select at least one class from the following:
- ART 196 Global Art History I (3)
- ART 296 Global Art History II (3)
- ART 306 Contemporary Art History (3)
- ART 316 History of Graphic Design (3)
- FILM 102 Introduction to Film (3)